.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

a clipblog collecting blogged thoughts on visual poetry

Friday, September 30, 2005

Visual Poetry in Textbooks

via Bob Grumman's po-X-cetera:

I have personal news to report today: two days ago I got an e.mail from a representative of a college textbook called, Literature: Reading, Reacting, Writing, Sixth Edition, by Laurie G. Kirszner & Stephen R. Mandell, and published by Wasworth College Publishers, asking for permission to reprint the poem below, my "Mathemaku No. 10."

1 Comments:

Blogger VizPo-Central said...

Thanks for the plug, Geof, but "Mathemaku No. 10" isn't a visual poem but a purely mathematical (long division) poem--unless you think its valentine-heart, which I use in it as a symbol like &, has a visio-aesthetic significance, and I sure don't.

--Bob G.

8:34 PM, September 30, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home