.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

a clipblog collecting blogged thoughts on visual poetry

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Reviewing Grumman

via Gregory V. St. Thomasino's eratio:

I came on board just about when Bob began experimenting with mathematics, and was discovering his mathemaku form and was publishing his first "specimen" (Bob has always enjoyed using scientific/experimental jargon). My initial impression of all this was to ask why anyone would want to "quantify" sentiments. Then Bob began sending me photocopies of more and more mathemaku specimen and I saw that my initial impression was all wrong, that Bob was not exactly "quantifying" sentiments as much as substituting math, or the arithmetical, for grammar. The end result was an amplification (or perhaps I should say "a mutiplication") of symbolism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home